Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Two Things...

you probably don't know about me!  I am not even sure if my family knows these things or not!!!

*
I am a terrific dialer of the phone!!

You know, on the radio, if you are caller 10 (or whatever number) you win the prize?  I am that caller a lot of the time.  I am not going to say that I can get it every time, because even I am not that good!  But I do pretty good!  I have won money and CDs and tickets (lots o' tickets) and entries for big prizes.  Sometimes when I am not the exact number caller, I am just a number or two off.  I can't do it on my cell phone, though, it has to be my land line -- so, if I ever lose that, I may have to concede.  Or learn how to dial more precisely on the cell!

But yeah...I am a good dialer!

*
I was the voice of the Movie Hotline!

That is correct.  If you called the Movie Hotline in Farmington, NM say in the years 1985 to 1988 - it was me!

Back in those olden times, we used a cassette tape and I think I had like 30 seconds (probably more, but man whatever it was went really fast!!) to tell you what was playing at the theaters and the times!  I would get almost to the end and run out of tape...and start all over again!  I had to wait until like almost midnight on Thursday night to change it for the new week and then I had to change the times for the weekends because there were more showings!  I think the weekend tape was a little longer!

So, if you lived in Farmington, NM in the late 80s and ever called the Movie Hotline 'twas me saying, "Showing at the Cameo Rocking Chair Theater is..."

You are welcome!

XOXO

1 comment:

Elder Spencer Nathaniel Sommerville said...

OMG.... LOVE IT!!! and PLEASE tell me you woke up early on Saturday mornings to record (on cassette of course!) Kasey Kasem's TOP 40!!! and God forbid it was New Years Day and you had to do the top 100! I swear me and my friends would get together so that we could sing along... (back before Sing-A-Long's, or KARAOKE were cool!)
I love love love you Velvet.... up to the moon and back again (times 10 what ever you say!!_)
Juls