...I love about my husband!
Being we are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary today (05/27), I thought I would dedicate this two thing blog post to him. Of course, this is MY blog, therefore, even if it is about him, it is really still about me!
*
He really spoils me.
He says flowers are stupid and expensive and die. Yet, I get flowers for Valentine's Day and special occasions. I love flowers! I was going to say it is not about the flower itself, but more about the thought...but it really is about the flower! I can't grow crap (darn it, I shoulda remembered that for things I suck at!!) so when my flowers die, it's okay because they are supposed to die.
He says jewelry is stupid and expensive and you can never get out of it what you have in it. No..wrong. Jewelry is great! I love my diamond necklaces and my diamond earrings and my earrings from Tiffany's (still have that blue box, too!!) and my diamond tennis bracelet and my first wedding rings and my second wedding rings (happy 25th to me!!) and my pearls and my emeralds (it's my birth stone, gotta have those!) and all the other stuff I crammed into my armoire! I love every piece, the expensive pieces and the pieces that we just picked up at a gift shop. No, I can't wear everything at once, but it doesn't matter, I can wear everything.
He does the laundry. 'Nuff said there.
Last year when he was sick, I had to mow the lawn. He felt terrible that I had to strain myself and do this. So, even though he was deathly ill (he really was), he would go outside and stand there whilst I mowed and apologize every time I came around. I would say that it wasn't all that bad, but I don't want to do it anymore, so....
He washes my car and makes sure I have gas.
He is really super duper honest about my clothing. I take him shopping me because I know he will tell me the truth about my butt looking fat in something. Of course, he would NEVER say my butt looks fat, but what he does say is that he is not fond of that particular article, it's not the right color or cut or whatever. When I LOVE something and can't live without out, even if he hates it, we get it.
My birthday and Mother's Day and our anniversary are all in the same month, just weeks apart. Every year he tells me that he is going to get me one gift for all three occasions and I am going to like it! He has never done this.
When I cry, he wants to fix it. Sometimes it can't be fixed, but he will do whatever he can to do so.
When we go home to New Mexico and I want to spend all the time with my family, he does this. There is a compromise, and I don't mind spending time with his family, I love them. I just really love my family and miss them. He understands. We live 1000 miles away and get home so seldom, I just want to sit and be with my brother and mother and sister and aunt and uncle for a while. He understands. We do pop in and see his family, but it's okay if the majority of the time we are with my family. That's a good guy right there!
I am thinking about some life changes and he is totally behind me! He is making plans and setting things up so I can change some things! He asks all the right questions and has all the right answers.
At night, whilst lying in bed almost asleep, he reaches for my hand. He likes to hold my hand at night. I like him to as well.
He will do things he really doesn't want to do because I want to do it. Every time we go to the beach, he goes - he hates it - but he goes with me. He will see chick flicks with me and superhero movies with me - he hates it - but he goes! I wanted a second dog because Maggie was so alone, he said no. I told him we really needed it. He said okay, but not another Labrador. We got Moosie, another lab! I would say that he hates it, but he LOVES Moosie!! He takes me to the ballet and to plays - he hates it - but he goes with me.
He gave me two wonderful children! I don't know where I would be without my favorite son, Garricky, and my sweet baby girl, Nattie Jo. They are pains in the ass at times, but I love them!
Ooopppsss...sorry, there are way more things than two...I just couldn't stop myself!
I know I am not always a great wife. I know I can be hard to live with at times (you do know my mother, right?!?!), but you are always there for me. We argue about stupid crap, but we never really fight. We don't always see eye to eye, but always find a nice compromise. You are my eternal companion, for this life and for the next. We lasted 28 years when people said we wouldn't make it 2 (hahaha). I can't wait to see what the next 28 years have in store for us! I am ready to cross the oceans and see the world with you. I am ready to take your hand and see where this road is going next! Thanks for offering to tutor me in College Algebra way back in 1987 and then ask me out and then eventually asking me to marry you! Thanks, my Trenty, for everything. You really are the best part of me.
XOXO
Friday, May 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment