Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Two Things....

Oh my gosh, I have had such writer's block!!  I love blogging, but some days, I just got nothing to say!!  I still don't, truth be told, but I pulled some crap out of no where!

* My side of the electric blanket has like two settings:  Oh my gosh, that's too hot and is this thing even on?

When I first go upstairs to night night, I plug my phone in and put my water on my nightstand and turn my electric blanket on.  I then go and take my contacts off and wash my face and brush my hair 100 times (JK - I am lucky if I remember one sweep of the brush) and by the time I climb into bed, especially if the M&Ms were laying on my bed (and they usually are), it is rather warm or at least warming up.  I take my Nook from my nightstand and prop up a second pillow and prop the Nook onto the pillow, roll over and read for a while.  As soon as I have read enough (usually indicated by falling asleep and the Nook timing out and me startling awake, turning the Nook back on trying to read to the next break, but finally just letting it time out and putting it back up!), I put my Nook up and turn my blanket down.  I can't sleep if it is at a 10 - I used to, but I just can't anymore.  The night before last night I turned it to 6.  The next morning as I woke, I was cold!  My blanket didn't feel like it on.  I looked over to see if it had unplugged or turned off or whatever, but no.

Last night, after it was heated up sufficiently, I decided to turn it to a 7 -- obviously a 6 was not going to cut if for me.  I didn't even make it to the alarm, I was burning up!

It was decided, that I need a 6.5!  That should be juuuuuust right.

*  Speaking of reading...here is a little pet peeve of mine.  Super duper long chapters in books.  I think it is really hard for a thought to continue for 65 pages. Sorry. I think that somewhere in the midst of those pages, the author could have found a nice place to just call it quits and start on with the next chapter.

As noted above, I read at night.  I try to get to the next chapter, but if a chapter is too long, I can't.  I have to stop in the middle of a chapter and then the next night I find myself paging back a few pages to remember exactly where I was in the chapter.  I mean, I HAVE slept since then!  Sometimes in the middle of a chapter, the author will put a little break in there -- a new thought.  Really, shouldn't that just be a new chapter?  I wonder if publishers like tell them, "Okay, you can write a book, a short one; make it like no more than 7 chapters."  The book is 695 pages long, but 7 chapters!

I don't know how long a chapter should be.  I guess if your thought and the flow can continue for 65 pages, go for it.  But if it can't, there is nothing wrong with say a 15-page chapter.  On the other hand, one author I read writes like 2-page chapters.  Really?  You can't come up with a little more than that?

Okay -- the moral of the story(ies) -- I am obviously never happy!

* BONUS THING!!
Because my things are stupid and really have no contribution with day-to-day life, I thought I throw another senseless thing into the mix.

I have recently found out something new about myself.  I mean, it's not new, but it just finally put it all together.  I don't like meat with bones in them.

I love chicken.  If it is a boneless, skinless breast.  Don't feed me a leg ... gross, that has a bone in it!

I don't eat ribs.  I know, sad. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't like the bone in them.

Trent and I tried a new recipe last week.  The recipe called for bone-in (specifically) pork chops.  I, myself, would have purchased  pork chops sans bone. Trent did the shopping (as he really does a lot!! I know -- best husband ever!!) that week and bought the ingredients as the recipe indicated.  The chops cooked in the crock all day, smelled yummy and were actually good -- ish.  I could not get over the fact that they had a bone in them.  Even though, technically after cooking all day in the crock pot, the meat had fallen off the bone, in my head, they were still bone-in pork chops.

I love wings!  But -- you got it -- boneless ones!

When I cook a turkey or a ham with bones -- I take the meat that is furthest from the bone.

I don't know really when this all started.  But when I brought it up to Trent and Natalie the other day as I was thinking about it, they both agreed.  They know that I don't like meat with bones in them.  They had really never really noticed, but when I brought it up, it was clear to them that I was right (duh).

I have given this a little (really, very little!) thought.  I decided I don't like the crap that is around the bone.  Cartilage?  Tendons?  Joint fluid?  Bone marrow pigment?  The gross juice?  Extra fat?  And...are those veins?

I bet you never look at meat on the bone the same way again.  You.  Are. Welcome!

So....there you have my very bottom-of-the-barrel two (bonus -- THREE) things for this post!  Hopefully I will come out of this writer's block - but as far I can tell, don't hold your breath.  It's gonna be a lean blog year.  Hey --  we wonderful authors (LOL) can't be on our game all of the time!  Sorry...

XOXO

No comments: