Monday, January 11, 2016

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
Brown paper packages tied up with strings.
These are a few of my favorite things."

I don't know about raindrops on roses, but these are a few of MY favorite things:

  • When I wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock and I still have hours left to sleep.  
  • When I walk into the house and the M&Ms have not torn up the place. 
  • When I finish a good book. 
  • When I step on the bathroom scale and it has moved down a few pounds (or at least stayed the same).
  • Climbing into bed with fresh, clean sheets that are all tucked in nice and tight. 
  • When Trenty reaches for me at night while sleeping just to touch my hand. 
  • Waking up and thinking it is Wednesday and finding out it is actually Thursday.
  • Hearing a song on the radio that has some great memories attached to it. 
  • Deja vu -- knowing I am on the right path. 
  • Climbing into bed when my electric blanket has warmed it up for me. 
  • Having a dream of someone I love and miss. 
  • Bad weather outside, being inside all warm and tucked in. 
  • Finding a great book just by chance. 
  • Turning on the television and actually finding something good. 
  • Waking up and not wanting to get up and start my day, but then getting up and doing a work out and knowing that was the right choice and the best choice, even though staying in bed for an extra 30 minutes would have felt so good. 
  • Knitting something for someone who genuinely appreciates it and loves it. 
  • Accomplishing a bucket list item. 
  • Making plans that actually go through and work out. 
  • A spontaneous thought that turns into a great day. 
  • Getting goosies and knowing something amazing is taking place. 
  • Looking into the eyes of those I love and seeing that same love returned. 
  • Remembering  a song lyric after not hearing that song for a long time. 
  • An unexpected text just letting me know I am loved and missed. 
  • Seeing my children be happy and being the best they can be. 
  • Returning home from the grocery store after really not wanting to go. 
  • Clothes fresh from the dyer. 
  • Thunderstorms. 
  • A package in the mail. 
  • New shoes. 
  • Sunflowers. 
  • A great song on the radio which compels me to get up and just dance. 
  • Making a hard decision and going through with it. 
  • My mom's tacos. 
  • An unexpected call from my children, without bad news. 
  • My sports team coming from behind for a great win.  
As I started this list, I thought maybe I could come up with like ten things if I tried really, really hard.  Then, things just starting coming to me.  Things that made me smile as I typed them.  I realized this list, though not infinite, could go on and on and on for a while.  The more I typed, the more I thought of.  One thought would lead to another which would lead to yet another.  

Though a few more than just a few things, these are some of my favorite things that make me happy.  

XOXO 

No comments: