Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is going on now?

Well, as I sit here at the computer, I am suppose to be working, but alas, I am not. Why is that? Why do I sit here at my desk day in and day out and fight work? If I were to just sit here and work I could probably be done in 4 hours or so...but nooooOOOoooo, I sit here and go to the internet, go check my E-mail, find coupons, check everyone's blog, google, I do absolutely everything not to work. The fact is, however, that at the end of the day, I have have sat at this desk, looking at this screen for 8 to 10 hours a day and I am so sick of sitting here I could scream. Again, if I were to just do my work, I could go do fun stuff for the rest of the day. I know this to be true because there are times that I need to get my work done in a hurry because of a doctor's appointment, school function for my kids, or something else and I do, but for the most part, I sit here and put off work and then wonder where the day went!

A couple of things with the kiddos -- Natalie started school on Monday! Yeah!! She is a sophomore this year (I can still remember her first day of kindergarten, where has the time gone?!?). She has started conditioning for volleyball and is looking forward to that fun! Today was the first day of seminary (early morning - 6:00am) and she was up and ready to go without a fight - what a girl! She had a bad morning yesterday and was kinda mean and rude to me but the first thing she did after she walked in the door was give me a big hug and say she was sorry - ahhhhhh, I know, how lucky am I? What a wonderful young woman! Garrick is getting ready for college (again - time - where did it go?). I think he is getting a little nervous, maybe a little apprehensive, but he is keeping his cool, especially with the mom and dad! What a wonderful adventure for him. I am so excited and so scared and so nervous and so happy and so sad all at the same time. He was made an Elder in the church a few weeks ago and yesterday he and his dad went to a sister's house and he stood in for his first blessing. What a wonderful young man.

I often ask myself what in the heck I did to have such wonderful kids - the fact is, I have no idea, but I am so glad that I do. Don't get me wrong, they certainly have their moments and they are in no way perfect, but - in all honesty, they are to me. I wish I had a few more - but that is another story all in its own.

Speaking of being lucky - I thought I would take this opportunity to say how wonderful my husband is too. He recently broke a couple of ribs at work, but he did not let that stop him. He continues to provide for his family and continues to be the perfect head of the house.

Now, I just need to work on myself!! I need to be a better person, less judgmental, less mean, more fun, more positive. Maybe, I will start today! LOL - maybe, I will start tomorrow!! It is already almost 10:00am and I have yet to type ONE word for work...not one word, I barely even opened up my programs. The funny thing is (or perhaps the very, very sad thing is) that I have sat here at the computer since around 7:00am this morning - 3 hours and no work to show for it. This is pathetic!

Okay - now I am going to close this up and type for $$.

2 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

LOL! I can so relate to that! I sit here for a lot more hours than I work, doing the exact same thing you describe... Maybe I just realize that as soon as I start hearing doctors, my day is ruined, and if I can put off ruining my day a little longer, I'll do it :D

Amber said...

Oh you are to funny. I am glad that I am not the only one that is not perfect. The way I look at it though, work is not as fun as doing what you want right?? So I see nothing wrong with what you do. Come on pat yourself on the back for even getting your work done at all.

P.S. Are you guys still planning on staying with my parents when you come?