I am a little sad and a little lonely, so this post will reflect those feelings!
Okay, so it was the 4th of July. Who cares. Really. It was just a day off for me. Albeit, a well-deserved day off. Here's the thing...our ward had a great bar-b-que that afternoon. That was great. I love seeing my church friends in a social situation and I love just to sit and chat. My husband had to go early so "reserve" the park (4-hours early, but whatever), so I kinda missed him that morning. My son had friends spend the night, so they were off and out of the house early and to the park to be first in line for the food. My daughter and I went to the park together. We waited for the little kids to get off the swings and then we swung. That was perfect. She said the best thing to me, she said something like while all the other mothers has just let their kids to swing or whatever, I was the only mother to go and swing with her. She said I was like her best friend. Ahhhh, I know. Anyway a little later on after eating, my son and his friends left and a few minutes later my daughter wanted me to take her home (you have to kinda feel bad for my Nattie because there are no girls her age in our ward. She is usually way the older one there) because she was not having any fun. I did and came back and sat and chatted with my husband and my friends. We were one of the last three couples to leave the park.
Okay, so, my son continues to stay with friends that whole night and my daughter went to a friends house and my husband had to go to work. So, again, here I was alone in this great big house. I had work to do, but it was a holiday after all and why would I want to sit at this computer anyway.
Saturday...same day, same crap. Garrick was out and about with his friends. I made Natalie go to the grocery store with me because I HATE to go by myself (I am getting a little anxiety over this fact, because in a few years I will have to go by myself or starve - but that is another subject). Later on, she went to a friends and Trent went to work. See a pattern here. Again, all alone. Some people, especially younger mothers, would love the time alone, but not me. I never have. Again, I sat by myself with nothing to do (I think I need a hobby) and waited for my kids to come home. That is how I spend most of my time, waiting for my kids and/or husband to come home so I am not alone.
All-in-all, it was a good weekend (if only you could see me write that sentence, you would so know that I was lying!!) No, it really was. I am glad to live in a place were one day we can shoot off fireworks and light up the sky and then two days later we can go to the church of our choice and worship as we please.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment