Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Me and my shadow

Here is a couple of conversations my sweet, beautiful daughter, Natalie, and I have had in the recent past.  I hope these reveal really what our relationship is like!

*
Natalie comes into my bathroom as I am finishing up my hair:
N: Hey, Mom, you 'bout ready?
V: Yup. (combs out curls and picks up hairspray; sprays hair).
N:  *cough* You use a LOT of hairspray.
V:  No, I don't.
N: *cough*
V:  Okay ...well.... I have a lot of hair!
N:  No...you just like hairspray.
V:  Okay. Fair enough.

*
Natalie and I discussing how well we sleep:
N:  I can always go back to sleep.  I can get up and use the bathroom and go to bed and go back to sleep.
V:  Well, I can get up, use the bathroom, feed the dogs, and go to bed and go back to sleep.
N:  Well, I can get up, use the bathroom, check my texts, and go back to bed and go to sleep.
V:  Well, I can get up, use the bathroom, check my texts, go downstairs and make breakfast, and go back to bed and go to sleep.
N:  Yeah, well I can get up, use the bathroom, check my texts, go downstairs, DRIVE to McDonald's, come home and eat breakfast, watch a little TV, and go back to bed and go to sleep.

She always has to out do me!

*
Natalie and I discussing dreaming:
N:  I had this weird dream last night....(she goes on to tell me about the dream).
V:  Whoa! That was weird.   I had a dream about my Dad.
N:  You are so weird!
V:  Why?
N:  Because you always dream about dead people!
V: Yeah, so?  Everyone dreams about dead people.
N:  No.  No, not everyone.
V:  I only dream of like dead people I know. Like, I don't have conversations with Abraham Lincoln or anything.  Just mostly family.
N:  Yeah, that's weird.
V:  You never dream of Papa or Grandpa Mikolajczak or Grandpa?
N:  Never.  Not once that I can think of.
V:  Then you are the weird one!

We settle this argument by calling Garrick.

G:  Ummmm...No.  I don't dream of dead people.
N:  See, I told you.
V:  Really?  Never?
G:  Well, maybe Sarah once in a while, but not often and not for a long time.
V:  You never dream of Papa or Grandpa Mikolajczak or Grandpa?
G:  Ewwww...no.  That's weird!
N:  See, I told you.

Okay, I can't think of any other conversations; though we have surely had them, I just can't remember!  It's because I am old and I forgot to write them down!  But, in my defense, I asked Natalie and she knew of some really funny conversations we has had in the past, but, unfortunately, she could not remember them either!  I just know that she makes me laugh.  I can make her laugh with a dumb joke - the joke doesn't make her laugh but my laughing at my own joke does!  She is my most favorite daughter in the whole world and she is, without doubt, my bestest friend ever.  I love her and I so glad I was picked to be her mama!



XOXO




No comments: