I went to dinner the other night with a friend. We laughed and we joked, but we had a very long, meaningful conversation. She told me things that bothered her. I told her the things that bothered me. She told me her hopes and fears of the futures. I told her mine. She told me secrets; things that she has been keeping for years. She confided in me because she knows she can trust me. I told her my thoughts and revealed some secrets of my own.
During this dinner, I realized a few things:
Trust is not just given to one, it is earned. She can trust me because I have never let her down and she knows that I will never let her down.
A good friend is someone you can laugh with one minute and cry with the next. Share things only with them.
I have never loved a woman as much as I love this one. I have known this fabulous woman her entire life. She is, without a doubt, my best friend, my closest confidant, my life, my daughter.
XOXO
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment