I am not sure why, but I expected this to get easier every week. So not the case. I find myself thinking days ahead of things that are making me happy. Being happy should not be this much work.
Anyway....Two things that make me happy:
1) Watching my baby play softball. Natalie has been playing softball for years and years. She started when she was in preschool and has pretty much stuck with it. She took last year off, but went back this year. She is pretty good. She has some rough moments, but she plays. She is there every game. She cheers on her teammates and always has a bright smile. One of my favorite things is watching her run out to her position...usually first. She runs and her ponytail just swings! It is one of my most favorite things...watching her hair swing as she runs to the base. This will be my last year of ever watching her play school ball. It kinda adds to my sadness of her leaving. But, it makes me happy. I will go every time, sitting in the rain or the wind or the heat and watch my baby play.
2) Okay...this made me happy, I can't help it! The other day Trent and I went to a Giants game. I have been making us scarves to wear. I have only completed one (I know, I know, but man,it is harder than I make it look!). Being it was just Trent and I, and the scarf was actually his, he let me wear it. We went into the fan shop so I could get me a jacket (YAY!) and while we were checking out, the lady behind the counter asked about my scarf. She said that she really liked it. I said, "Oh, thank you, I made it." She was like, "WHAT?" And I said that I had knitted it. She was like, "Oh my gosh, that is such a great scarf. I think you should sell them! I would buy one." I know!!! I was so happy. Whether she meant it or not, she made me feel good.
There ya go...two things this Tuesday that make me happy. I wonder if there will come a day again when I don't have to look for things to make me happy, when I just am. When I have more days with smiles and less with tears. When I want to get out of bed and start the day.
XOXO
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
((((((hugs)))))) I'd have something more substantial to say, if it weren't a blue Tuesday for me.....
Post a Comment