Monday, March 21, 2011

Five for Monday....

I have been dealing with a bit of sadness lately. I have been trying to think of ways to brighten my days. My friend who I visited with last week said that I should blog about things that make me happy. She suggested a "Five for Friday" thing, but I hardly have time to blog on Fridays, so I changed it up a bit! I like the ring of "Five for Monday!" Now, whether or not I can come up with 5 things that make me happy or not...well here it goes:

1) My loving daughter. Last night she was not feeling well and she kept asking me for things! Like blankets, drinks, cookies.... She was pissing me off! She even climbed into bed with me, laid right next to me, I mean RIGHT. NEXT. TO. ME. I could not breath, I could not move. I kept yelling at her to scoot over. We were laughing and "fighting" in bed. I love her. She is, without a doubt, my best friend. She is, without a doubt, my biggest pain in the ass!!She is, without a doubt, one of the best people I know. She is, without a doubt, someone who makes me happy.

2) Waking up with a good morning from the one you love. I hate to wake up to a buzzing alarm! In fact, I never set the alarm to go off with a buzzer because I will be in a bad mood all day! I usually wake up to music, my iPod. I did not set the alarm last night because Natalie is enjoying her last day of spring break (yeah, what the heck is that about? A week and two days of spring break?) and there was no real reason that I had to get up early. I mean, there is work and all but if I really gave a crap about work I would working now and not blogging...I have my priorities! Anyway, back to my original thought....I love being woke up with a "good morning" from my guy. Perfection at its finest.

3) Talking for a couple of hours on the phone with my friend! I love talking with Michelle, she usually has a lot to say. We don't talk as much as we used to, so when we do get on the phone, it is rarely quick. She called this morning and we chatted. I would tell you about all we chatted about but the conversations ranged from rain to Libya to leaking roofs (yeah, mine...great) to blogs to kids to husbands to gyms to family to headstones to church to Christmas lights to a bridal shower to stolen trash cans to security cameras to library books to book club. I have to say, though, she made me laugh. She may not had gotten the first smile (see #2 above) but she certainly got the first laugh of the day! Something about "yakking" while showering....trust me, its best you not know!

4) So, I have been knitting a lot. I like it. I think I might have a knack for it...I don't know, yet, really, the jury is still kinda out on that one. I like it...let's just stop right there. So, I had this idea...quitting my job and knitting for a living!! I know!!! Super Genius!!! I was thinking about knitting little baby sets with blankets and booties and a hat and a sweater and selling them! I asked Michelle if she would buy one....let's just say, probably not quitting my day job any time soon!

5) The rain. I know, bite me. I like the rain. I like it. When we lived in New Mexico, we had the best rain storms there with thunder and lightening and downpours like the likes you have never seen! Not so much in California. But I still like the rain. I don't like being out in in too much such as driving in it or walking in it. But if I have to walk it in from the car to the door, I don't mind. I don't mind it when the rain comes into my face and runs my mascara. I don't mind it when the rain ruins my hair (unless, of course, I need to look extra beautiful for something!!). I like the darkness the clouds bring and I like the wonderful smell afterward. I suffer from allergies, so I like the fact that the rain cleans the air that I breathe. After a few days, it does start to get a little depressing...but for the most part, I like the rain and it makes me happy. One day, I hope to dance in the rain.

Okay...that was easier than I thought it would be. When I first sat down, I thought of the first three and thought I was going to have to change the title to "Three for Monday"! But, sitting here, putting off work, thinking about people I love and things I love to do, it made it rather easy, actually a lot easier than I thought, to come up with 5 things that made me happy today. In fact, I maybe could have listed another thing or two! Now, next week, I don't know. I wonder if I can come up with 5 new things next week? I wonder if I will care enough to try.

XOXO

No comments: