"Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true."
Some mornings I wake and wonder where the heck the dream I had came from. I wonder what I had eaten or what I had read or seen that made me dream such a dream. With a good dream, I wake and hope and pray to return to sleep; however, with a nightmare, I will myself to stay awake.
I once read in Calvin and Hobbes something like we dream so we don't have to be apart. If we're in each others dreams, we can be always together. I wonder if this is why we dream of people who have passed in and out of our lives. People who may, or may not, have made some impression on our inner self. What about the people in our dreams that we do not know or have never met; who are they are why are they there? What about the people who have died? Are they trying to tell you something? What about the people that you once knew...why are they invading my sleep? Is it my subconscious that brings them to me? Why? When I dream of laughing with an old friend, it is a premonition of what could happen or perhaps an old memory buried?
I often dream of being chased. I don't know by who or why, but there is a chase. I used to think I was running away from something, but I often wonder if I am running towards something else. I never get where I am going, but the feeling of someone pushing up behind me never leaves. It is really all about the interpretation. Am I leaving or am I arriving? Are you there to help me or hinder me? When I take your hand, will you lead me down the right path? Should I avoid your hand? Should I put my trust in you? If I trust you, will I be okay?
Too many questions and not enough answers. I guess I will just continue to dream and wake up wondering what that was all about.
"Dream a little dream of me.
Say "nighty night" and kiss me
just hold me tight and tell me
you'll miss me.
While I'm alone and blue as can be,
Dream a little dream of me."
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just happened by to see what's going on over here...and I had a blog entry awhile back about dreams, too. How about that?!! Anyway, still lovin' your blog, and think it's super.
When are you going to "follow" ours, by the way...Hey, are we following yours? Better look, LOL!
Post a Comment