Whoever said "Patience is a virtue" obviously never had to wait for anything. It seems as I have grown older, the waiting time of everything is much longer. When I walk into a grocery store and see three lines open with 14 people in each line, I literally have a small anxiety attack. When in the doctor's office, sick, the last thing you want to do is wait and they have a real racket -- wait in the waiting room and then wait again in the examining room. Waiting for a red light to turn green. Waiting for the kids to come home from school so I wont be so alone. Waiting for that busy signal on the other end of the phone to stop. Waiting for the mail. Waiting for the weekend.
I have been waiting for something very specific for over a year now and wonder how much longer I will have to wait. Actually wondering IF I can wait any longer. Wondering if this is going to happen and if so, when. Can I wait longer? Can I? Waking up every day and knowing this will be the day - going to bed every night hoping tomorrow will be the day. Seeing the minutes, the hours, the days go by so fast that you can hardly breathe. Hoping time will slow down so you can catch up, yet hoping tomorrow will hurry and come for another chance. When? When? When will the time come to fulfill my dreams? Or will it ever come. Time will only tell, however, one must have the patience to wait.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now that was profound!! Hope your dream comes true, soon!!
Post a Comment