Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Two Things....

I love about my husband's birthday!

Today, my husband is growing another year older!  Happy birthday to my wonderful man!

Yesterday we talked a bit about his birthday and he stated that he hated when his birthday rolled around (I cannot even imagine being that old!!).  I, on the other hand, am very grateful for it.  I honestly think that his last two birthdays have been a gift to me.  Last year, Trenty was sooooooo sick, I wondered if he would even see another birthday.  After being in the hospital, on and off, for 6+ months, being fed through a nasogastric tube which failed and then having to be on total parenteral nutrition (TPN) for months, losing 90 pounds, being on constant pain medications, and losing all will to go on another day, he survived.  Today, his 54th birthday, is proof of that.  Frankly, I love this day and I hope I am able to continue to celebrate it with him for years and years to come.  Call me selfish...but I love Trenty's birthday because it means he is here, with me.  It is a gift, for me.

The second thing I love about his birthday.... he is officially six (6) years older than me again!  May through September are rough months!

I love you, Trenty, with my whole heart.  I used to think my heart beats for you, but in fact, my heart beats with you. Without you....I cannot even imagine....

XOXO

No comments: