Monday, October 27, 2014

Dallas!

Trent and I went to Dallas, Texas for the first time ever.  We had such a wonderful time. 

We were surprised at all the hype still going on at the Book Depository.  It has been 50 years...I just wonder if the next generation will still find it as interesting and those who kinda grew up around it all.  I wasn't born when JFK died (Trent was!!) but it was still something that interested me a lot.  I had heard about it my whole life.  The shooter, the grassy knoll, the conspiracies...it was all still there and still fascinating.  When we went to Washington DC a few years back, we went to see Ford Theater, but there wasn't a lot of people there.  I wonder if the whole JFK will eventually be like that?

We saw the Dallas Cowboys play live and in person!  They won and it was such a exciting game! What a great experience. It was a bucket list item for both Trent and I that we crossed off together.  As we talked throughout the days of this short little trip, we talked about other bucket list items; I hope we can cross off all of them together!  It was so amazing and just so wonderful to be with my eternal partner and knowing we have this life and the next to enjoy each other.

On that note, the other day Natalie and I were talking about something, I can't remember what brought it up, but she said, "Because of you and dad and the love you both have for each other, I know what real, true love is."  I almost cried my eyes out.  She sees it all, too.  She sees the arguments, the disagreements, the agree to disagree moments, the laughing, the joking, the hand holding, the admiration, the love.  She knows us; it is just not a person making an observation.  It made me feel really good that she has seen these things and knows what is important and what is worth working for.  All those times when I thought I was a bad mother kinda were lost in that moment.  It is not what you say but it really is what you do.

A couple of other things about Dallas... The drivers are really bad there!  They say California drivers are bad...no way, Jose!  Those people are cray cray!  But, they are very, very nice people.  Started up conversations with people standing in lines with us.  Always got a "Hi y'all" and a "Come back ya'hear" everywhere we went.  The shopping was amazing.  Thank you Tiffany and Co for my new earrings and the wonderful blue little box!  The clothing stores had a lot of sequins and fur!  The women were all made up and glamorous; I saw not ONE person in pajama bottoms and slippers walking around!  We were in line for the Maverick game and a couple saw us there and invited us to sit in their preferred seating box, for free!  Saw family who I love with all my heart and miss so much.  The gas was only like $2.50/gallon!!  WHAT?!?  The cupcakes were frickin' amazing.  The BBQ was out of this world!  The steaks were fork tender.  The panoramic view from the Reunion Tower was so beautiful.  I don't know, but I so could see myself living there someday.  I asked Trent to ask for a transfer!!  I even bought a cowboy hat, I am ready!!

The Maverick game from our box seats with our new friends!

The above mentioned cowboy hat. It HAD to have bling!

What a fun, fun place. 

Yeah, that's right, we're cool in our Dallas blue!

A little excited! 

On the Bowl Bus to the game. 

Me and my Cousin, Scotty! 

No explanation needed. 

Wedding cake for me, German chocolate for him.  

The corner window (this was on the 7th story, not the 6th because they have that blocked off) of the book depository looking down at where JFK was assassinated. 

One of our many, many views of Dallas from the Reunion Tower. 

Can't wait for our next adventure!! 

XOXO


No comments: