So, the other day Trent and I went to Target to get me some Nyquil. I had the start of a cold (terrible neck pain for over a week, sore throat, headache, etc.) so I had decided to nip it with sleep! While Natalie was at mutual, we went into Target (of course, going to Target with Trent is no trip to the candy store! I wanted to look at the new scarfs (keep in mind, this was the night of the big storm), maybe look at umbrellas because I am sure I need a new one...oh, and the gloves were out too -- Trent was not in a looky-loo mood) and straight to the medications. I decided that I would spend the extra money on the name brand Nyquil because I really needed this medication to work! Carrying only our Nyquil to the check out (I know, what a waste of checking out standing in line time!) we waited in line. It was finally our turn and the checker said that she would need to see some ID. Okay, this is kinda funny because I am 41 and Trent is 47, I am pretty sure that we are both old enough to buy Nyquil. Trent pipes off with some wisecrack remark about having to be 50 to buy drugs. The checker lady (girl actually) was not impressed with Trent, AT ALL! I said that it probably had to do with being able to make crack or something. Trent, egging on the poor checkout girl, said that he was a chemist, he could certainly make crack out of Nyquil if there were a way. Again, the girl just looked at Trent and then told him that he needed to take his license out of the wallet because she had to scan it. This started a whole new conversation about tracking and what if the whole family needed to use the Nyquil for a few days and we ran out, if he were to buy some more later in the week would he be on some list?!?! The "Nyquil Abuser List?" Again, the girl just looked at Trent, with a disgusted look on her face, scanned the license, and quickly gave it back to him. He then preceded on to hand her cash for the purchase, in which he nicely asked if she needed ID for the use of cash.
Oh, the story only gets better....we had friends of ours come up behind us ready to check out. She asked us if we had fared the storm without incident. We explained that a tree branch from next door was in our front yard but for the most part, our fence was still standing and our trees were still firmly implanted! She said that she wished a tree had fallen on her old van! Trent laughed and said she if she would have called, he would have been happy to push a tree on the van for her. She laughed and said that actually a branch had fallen on the van once and it broke the branch in two, leaving the van unscathed. I piped off something like well, it might not have with the aid of a sledgehammer! Our friend gasped and pretended to be shocked and then asked Trent how he fared in swinging a sledgehammer!! Trent flexed and told her he indeed could make it look like an accident! The poor check out girl...I think she was wishing she had photocopied Trent's license for his name and address!!!
If the Insurance Fraud Department people or the DEA come knocking on my door....well, lets just say my response will be, "Trent who?"
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh. Sounds like just like a Wood boy! Makes me miss our get togethers.
Post a Comment