I know I say this a lot, but where the heck did last month go? No really, not only last month, but frankly the last five years!!! It seems like time literally flies. I cannot catch up with it. Before I know it, my son will be on a mission and my daughter will be graduating high school. - Oh no, I cannot even go there...
I did want to say how wonderful my beautiful daughter is. On Sunday night, we were watching the Super Bowl, just her and I, and we got so excited when Arizona went ahead and then were totally bummed when at the end they lost. But that is not what I wanted to say... LOL. After the game, she wanted me to put her hair in curlers because she wanted curly hair (duh) for Monday morning; So, I was putting curlers in her hair and we were laughing and joking around about nothing really, just having a special mother/daughter moment when she looked up at me and said, "I am so glad you are my mother." I said awwwww and then pretended to throw up. But, truly, deep inside I was crying. She is so wonderful and I love her so much, I am so glad she is MY daughter. When I had to put my Sweet Cookie to sleep in November, I was sad when I slept by myself (when Trent was working nights) because frankly, I had not slept without my doggie for almost 12 years. Anyway, she slept with me on the nights that Trent was working...and she continues to sleep with me when Trent is working. This even means that on Saturday and Sunday, or days that she does not have to go to school, when Trent comes home at 7, she has to move to her own bed. She just does it, not once complaining.
I don't know what I did to deserve the most wonderful son and daughter in the whole wide world, but I thank my Heavely Father each and every day for them. How blessed I am.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Velvet, I read this and a big fat ole tear ran down my cheek! Yes, you are blessed my friend. And you deserve it. You have a beautiful family and they are blessed to have you in their lives. I am blessed to call you my friend. I miss you ...
Post a Comment