Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ouchie

Okay, so, I finally realized the major difference between a man and a woman. LOL. Yesterday, Trent was outside pruning an overgrown bush in the front yard when he comes in and says, very calmly I might add, "Hey, I cut my arm and I think I may need stitches." I get up from work and go look. "Oh yeah," I say to him, "You definitely need stitches." The wound was only about 1/2" long but it was gaping to about 1". You could definitely see the "meat" inside and it was bleeding pretty bad. We talked about it and he decided to drive himself to the doctor's office and get it taken care of.

Okay, now back to my original sentence...oh my heck, if I would have cut my arm I would have been screaming from the top of my lungs, jumping around from the pain, and for sure crying my eyes out. I would have been hopping up and down begging someone to please just cut my whole arm off because I could not stand the pain!!! I certainly would not have driven myself to the doctor, I don't care who had to work or whatever! I would not have fixed dinner for a week and I would have asked for Vicodin for the pain that the three stitches caused. I also would be telling all of my friends so they could feel sorry for me and maybe cook me dinner or buy me a candle or something!! I am pretty sure that I would not have gotten out of bed today and I am pretty sure that my whole arm would be wearing a big ol' bandage!!



Here is a picture of the three stitches on his arm. Youchie!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

OUCH! I am a big cry baby also. You do have to remember that we did give birth and I do not think a man could handle that..lol

We miss you also! I wish I could have seen you guys when you came to Idaho.

Amber said...

I tagged you!